Tuesday, March 26, 2013

General Wives & a Few Ornaments

A very warm welcome to you all and my new followers today :)) 
My heart goes out to all the farmers in the North of England,Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Many lambs and livestock have been lost due to the snow blizzards, heartbreaking!


The last 6 blocks
 General Wives was such a pleasure to work on, and the top is now finished. It has all been done by hand except for the flower border which I did on the sewing machine.

I have cheated with the middle block, this one should have been application stars, but chose to make a pieced block, I think it looks like a star... The backing will be the same as the blue flower fabric. There are 9.5 yards of that, the size of this quilt is 102" / 2.60m

Will have to sandwich this one next en then hand quilt it, the weather is just perfect for it!! Although it is somewhat depressing seeing that Easter is around the corner and we have not managed to put winter where it should be, Siberia!




I have got a few other quilts ready for quilting too, the Lecien Scrap Quilt.

Dandelion Girl by Fig Tree fabrics
I made this one in a class in 2009.
 
 Display of the Quilts I made and must say that I never thought I could do this! Next I will try my Featherweight to sew a few pieces together.

Have started a few Hexi's too.




A few blogs back I showed you these ornaments and have made them up into Lavender ornaments. For the Purple Thread click for more designs.

I have got the Chenille finishing bug, see below too!
Peacock spot sampler by Ewe Eye & Friends.


Wishing you all a very Happy Easter and may the sun shine!!

28 comments:

  1. Schattig die kleine kussentjes, ik ben er helemaal weg van!!!
    Lieve groet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt blocks and projects are all beautiful. I'm amazed that you've handpieced your blocks.
    Working on hand sewing with my hexie quilt I've experienced the joy of sitting quietly and hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bertie:
    Your quilts and cross stitch pillows are beautiful!!!!I hope your weather gets better....
    Have fun quilting,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks and ornaments !

    So cold weather here too !

    Poor lambs.. not done for the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the quilts! So much time and work involved but what treasures when completed. Now those hexagons....I can't begin to imagine putting those together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such lovely work. And so much of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts are wonderful as well as your stitching and finishing. I can't believe that you handpieced your blocks!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hadn't heard about all the lambs and other animals, Bertie--how very sad... This weather has been crazy world-wide I guess...

    Lovely quilts and your cross stitch finish with the blue chenille is so, so pretty. Wishing you and your family a most Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your quilts are all wonderful!! Wow! And hand pieced? Fantastic! Love your stitching as well. I need to get back into quilting. That's so sad about the livestock and sheep. What is it with winter this year! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilts, Bertie, you have been busy! Can't believe you've pieced them all by hand, especially the large one. Are you still coming to Nantes next month? I'm excited to be taking 2 classes with the Australian designer/teacher, Di Ford. Hope to see you there. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bertie,
    The small pin cushion with the birds & rabbit with abc's is which designer please??
    thanks...it is so lovely!!!
    Karin :)
    in NY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karin, the pincushion is a Ewe Eye & Friends design. I will look up the name and publish it under the picture;) Thank you for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finishing Bertie. I love the chenille!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many beautiful creations. Hope you have a lovely Easter.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new quilt!!!! Congratulations! It's beautiful. I think that chenille is great for finishing little cushions ;-) An inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous quilts, and terrific cushions - congrats on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bertie,
    Not the Peacock Spot sAmpler but the one below it...the long pin cushion??
    thanks a mil,Karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very sad about the animals. This has been a crazy winter and start to spring.
    All of your work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karin, The one you mean was the start of a sampler, but decided to make an ornament, I dyed the linen in coffee. I cannot remember this design, was a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks so much anyway...
    It is lovely!!!
    karin :)
    in NY

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGoodness - everything is so beautiful - wonderful quilts and your stitching and finishing ooh lala - gorgeous! Have a happy easter Melody

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilts and stitching are gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wat een lieve kussentjes.
    Nog fijne paasdagen!
    Liefs Liliane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Je bent lekker bezig geweest Bertie, kan ook niet anders met dit weer..Het moet inderdaad maar snel opknappen..Zielig hè die lammetjes, ik las het in de krant.
    Nog bedankt voor de Joke Visser post, ik kan helaas niet bij de boekpresentatie zijn maar ik ga in juni met Tammy naar Parijs...
    Liefs en tot gauw
    Erna x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Bertie, Hope your day was wonderful too. Couldn't reply cause your blogger is set to no reply, but I wanted to personally wish you a happy Easter too. Hugs, ~Nan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your beautiful quilts and samplers. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous quilt top! Love every piece of this one :) And I admire your needlework small finishes as always. Would you send me your "chenille finishing bug" to this way?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just found your blog - it's just beautiful! What nice quality.
    Smiles,
    JoeyLea
    http://thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day :))